Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

"Fetched Emails" Setting

Hi all

First please confirm that osTicket can only be setup to create tickets sent to the default email i.e. one cannot setup a second email as one that also creates tickets.

So I logged in as an agent, selected Admin panel, then Emails tab, then Emails screen, then selected the default email.

In section "Fetching Email via IMAP or POP", I setup my IMAP settings and for Fetched Emails I chose to move to a folder which I set to Inbox.Archive. Updating the page I realised that the folder must not already exist as the creation itself is done with the update.  However this is problematic since any update on that screen a second time cannot be successful since the second time the folder is already created!

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

"First please confirm that osTicket can only be setup to create tickets sent to the default email i.e. one cannot setup a second email as one that also creates tickets."

I cannot confirm that.  Since I have people sending emails to four (4) different emails that are collected independently and create tickets.

"I chose to move to a folder which I set to Inbox.Archive. Updating the page I realised that the folder must not already exist as the creation itself is done with the update.  However this is problematic since any update on that screen a second time cannot be successful since the second time the folder is already created!"

Last I checked osTicket does not create IMAP folders for you.  You need to create them yourself, or when the move command was issued to the system and mail was moved the mail server would create the folder for you.

"Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?"

Well I'm not really clear on what you think is happening wrong or what your think the "bug" is...  so I can't answer that.
  • Late to reply but thanks you ntozier.  I tested more and I see the ability to handle multiple emails.

Regarding the archiving of emails, here is the process: I create a folder OLD in my email box and then used that name in osTicket. It says "Invalid or unknown mail folder! >> Invalid mailbox name".  So I then thought osTicket probably wants to create it. The popup help says that "... If the folder does not yet exist on the server, the system will attempt to automatically create it.". So I deleted the folder OLD in my email and typed OLD in osTicket but same error.  I then tried INBOX.OLD and it accepted it and also created the OLD folder in my email.  However, if I do any further changes in the email screen of osTicket, it again generates above error.

• IMAP folders are named after their root folder.  So INBOX.OLD means the OLD folder in INBOX.

I'm not seeing a bug.