Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

I am trying to get osticket installed through docker. I can link the osticket container to the mysql container just fine in CLI but I want to do it in docker-compose instead. I'm having a tough time setting it up. I have attached a docker-compose file that builds both containers successfully but then the TCP connection times out. Anyone know how it can be done?

I am using Docker for Windows
Docker version 17.09.1-ce
Docker compose version 1.17.1

• This does not appear to be a Feedback or Suggestion.  
    Moving thread to Mods and Customizations.

You mentioned an attachment (which i do not see), you might want to re-attach that.
    I do not use Docker and since we do not have any support information about using osTicket with Docker nor do we have a Docker release version I'm not sure that you will get much help with this.
  • What TCP connection?
  • I'd be happy to take a look at your docker-compose file if you would like to try to re-attach it to this thread.

Not that I have much docker experience however I have seen a little recently.

Grizly,  I'm guessing port 3306. The 2 containers are probably an apache container and a mysql container. Docker can make and manage an internal network between the 2 and just expose/forward specific ports as requested. 
  • @pcjkollmorgen, thought it might be attempts to connect to the webserver from outside docker. (Also, docker autocorrects hilariously)
  • Sure, could be that just as likely.

One example I looked at recently had no ports open on anything when I did a "docker ps" command.  It is all pretty new to me though.

Always frustrating to be stuck at a point which should "just work" or "works fine doing it manually".