Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Can a reply from requestor is appended to thread ?

I have created a ticket for test where a person requesting for quotation. For example asking at info email for quote. Now osticket admin assign this task to Now when a ticket is created is notified that a ticket for this purpose is created. But when replies to that email saying "thanks for ticket", there is new ticket opens automatically and instead his reply is not appended as thread where I can see all discussion. As I am new to this, I even don't know if this can be achieved.

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

You havent told us if you setup an account for the person, etc

• osTicket Version v1.10.1 (9ae093d)
    Up to date
    Web Server Software Apache/2.4.29 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2l PHP/5.6.32
    MySQL Version 10.1.28
    PHP Version 5.6.32
  • Dear Ntozier,
    I have setup an account for Everything going smoothly through email as can received email and send email from and vice versa with the only exception that the reply from is not appended to thread as new comment.
  • You have not answered the question.
  • edited December 2017
    Hello ntozier,
    Which account you are asking about ? I have created an account for agent and account for user (our client who request support) as well. All accounts are in place. Mail flow is properly working from agent and user but only the reply are not appended to the thread.
  • osticket has two types of accounts.  Agent accounts (people who answer tickets) and User accounts (people who own tickets).  So either.

is the ticket that was opened for the user have a user account?
    is the ticket assigned to the person that is replying via email, or have they been added to the ticket as a collaborator?

• Dear Ntozier,
    As you commented on your previous two comment about accounts, I got some hints from that and it was actually the mail fetch option is needed as the customer was replying on that email ID. Working perfectly now. Wondering on how can a free software have such options and can be twisted according to the need. Hats off.

• Glad that you enjoy it. :)  I'll pass your comment along to the devs.

Should I mark this as resolved and close it?
  • Dear Ntozier,
    Please mark it as resolved. Thanks for the support.