Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Knowledgebase FAQ

edited December 2017 in General Discussions
Sorry for inconveniens, I'm little confusion: I can't see how to add anything to FAQ's.... (and can't find in discus history here) 

• edited December 2017
    No problem. 

I think you have missed that you have to add a category first. 
    Then you can add entries. I think this is necessary because you can control with the category the "visibility"..

It is like a container/folder for entries..
  • Also make sure that your user has the privs to manage FAQ/Premade/etc.
  • I can't see where I can add category... :( 
    In canned answer I have Add new, in FAQ nothing...
  • You do not see this button?

• I have no Categories in menu, only FAQ and Canned Responses... , :( 
  • Admin panel -> Agents -> your account.
    Click on permissions tab
    Click on Knowledgebase

• Ok, it is working, (horrible place tu enable this ;)) 

• Thanks a lot :) 
  • Why is it a horrible place to enable it?  Each agent should or should not be able to manage these things.  Where would you put it?
  • I'm admin/manager, and tough that I can everything ;) 
    Now I thing, it's proper place fot this option, maybe I have bad manners as admin ;) ...

Regards and thanks a lot again :) 

• No worries, I was really just curious why you thought it was a bad place.  :)  I'll mark this resolved and close it.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you have another question, comment, feedback, etc.
  • I was mean that FAQ writing e.t.c. are privilege for managers and I looking for this options in departments, I was not associate this privilege with person like a each "clerc" ;) 

You can close this thread, 
    Thanks again :) 

This discussion has been closed.