Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

"File not found" error on new ticket and new attachments

First of all thanks a lot for creating such a wonderful software.

My OSticket version is  v1.10-49-gf4fef2f.
I have used email piping.

Recently I moved my osticket installation from a server running cpanel to another server running cpanel.

There are 2 problems, and I think they are related:

1. When a new user sends email to support email id, user gets a bounced email back with following contents:

subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/spurple/public_html/
generated by

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/spurple/public_html/
generated by ------

File not found

2. When a user tries to create an attachment over 2 MB in size, on submitting the reply from support portal he gets a blank page with "File not found" only mentioned on it.
For smaller attachments it works fine. I have checked it with file system attachments plugin as well as with database based attachments.

3. For both of above instances, support admin gets an email with content similar to following:

subject: IOException: Unable to read resource content
(root)/uploads/b/b56944cb4722cc5cda9d1e23a3ea7fbc: Unable to read from file

I have checked permissions, all looks fine, because I have moved the account from another cpanel so all permissions etc are respected.

• What have you configured for allowed attachment size?
    (in php.ini and in osTicket)
  • @ntozier, attachment size is 32 MB, in osticket settings, php globally and php local.
  • 1. your mail server is saying that the file is not found.  So it might not have permissions to it. (or you might have a fire wall blocking access to it.

2. Please provide screen shots showing us that.