Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Open Ticket Question

when viewing open or answered tickets, how can we see the department in the listed view?

Comments

• I have no idea what you are trying to ask.

If you mean the open (or closed) ticket list, then mouse over the ticket#.
    If you mean when you are viewing a ticket it's at the top left hand column third item down.
  • in a prior version, when viewing open tickets the columns showed department  - for example now in our open tickets across the top we have Number - Last Updated - Subject - From - Priority - Assigned To -

we would like to see department in that list, versus having to mouse over each ticket that comes in to determine which department the ticket is in.
  • This is probably the most asked question on the forums.

This thread has directions for most contemporary versions of osTicket.  

Alternatively there is the forthcoming "Custom Queues" feature here:

Personally I would just wait for the Custom Queues feature due out in 1.11, or use the feature from github in it's current alpha state.
  • when is 1.11 expected to be released?

if i did a copy and paste into my current os directories from that github zip, do i need to modify the database?
  • Q: when is 1.11 expected to be released?
    A: When it is released.

Q: if i did a copy and paste into my current os directories from that github zip, do i need to modify the database? 
    A: I don't think so, but then i dont run alpha software.