Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Error with coping OSTicket from production to dev server.

Hi all,

General info:

osTicket Version: v1.9.14 (8b927a0)

Web Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5

MySQL Version: 10.0.14

PHP Version: 7.0.15

I took a copy of both the database and site from our production server and then installed on a new development server with MYSQL and php installed. I created a new site in IIS and pointed to the folder where I pasted the site. I also restore the copy of the database on the new database that I created from the backup I did from production. The webpage generate and error? I can seem to be able to start the site at all. any suggestion?

The IIS log file do not show any error. The PHP error log file show error and the file is attached. The webpage show a 500 error print also attached.

Comments

• This is your problem:
    PHP Version: 7.0.15

osTicket 1.9 does not support PHP 7+.
    Please either downgrade PHP to 5.6 or upgrade osTicket to 1.10.1.
  • I change the php version and now get the following error:
    PHP Warning:  mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in E:\OSTicket\include\pear\Mail\mail.php on line 153

I did look at the php.ini file and it configured:
    [mail function]
    ; For Win32 only.
    SMTP = localhost
    smtp_port = 25

Any suggestion as to why it does not work?
  • Are you running a mail server on the localhost?
  • Yes we are.
  • Well your PHP is telling you that it cannot connect to it.
  • I understand that much but here what I did take a copy of production site and deploy on development server. The production environment does not have SMTP configured on the server so that is why i'm not sure why I get this error? 

I have did not have SMTP configured on the Dev server either but because the error I got I did configured it and so far it still generate the same error with SMTP configured.

Simple question: Does OSTicket require to have SMTP service enable in order to work? 

When I look at the configuration of our production server every email address we have entered in the application is configured to use SMTP but not the one on the server itself it use and actual SMTP server for that once entered in the configuration is this info store in the database or on the server itself? I wonder if for some reason the dev server cannot see the SMTP server that we configure on production and this is why we get the error? 
  • Q: so that is why i'm not sure why I get this error?
    A: I would say because you dont have a email configured properly and/or are trying to use PHP to send mail via local host.

Q: Does OSTicket require to have SMTP service enable in order to work? 
    A: No. 
    If you want to send email you either need the SMTP service on the local machine or a mail server to send through.  You would configure the email how you need it to be.

Q: When I look at the configuration of our production server every email address we have entered in the application is configured to use SMTP but not the one on the server itself it use and actual SMTP server for that once entered in the configuration is this info store in the database or on the server itself?
    A: this does not appear to be an actual question.

If you go to Admin panel -> Email -> Settings what do you have as Default MTA?

Q: 
    I wonder if for some reason the dev server cannot see the SMTP server that we configure on production and this is why we get the error? 
    A: You can go to the webserver and try to connect to the mail server and find out.
  • Is there a way to download a version osTicket Core, v1.9.14 (8b927a0) or osTicket Core, v1.9.15. Currently the oldest one is osTicket Core, v1.9.16?
  • edited February 22
    I still have the zip I downloaded September 2016 that is 1.9.14

• Here is the approach I took i drop every thing from database to website, ran the installation based on the zip you sent to me and everything when well, once the application was installed I replace the new installation with the copy of our production site and restore the database with a backup then browse the site again i got the same error as before"[23-Feb-2018 10:21:11 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in E:\OSTicket\osTicket-v1.9.14\upload\include\pear\Mail\mail.php on line 153 " .

Obviously there is a setting of some sort in either the website or database that must be looking for the mail setting but I can seem to be able to find it any sugestion?