Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Test Outgoing Email

Hello!

I have new installation:

osTicket 1.10.1
XAMPP
Apache/2.4.29 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2n
PHP/5.6.33
Windows Server 2008 R2

I set up support@companyname.com email and enable Sending Email via SMTP. When I go to Admin Panel--Emails--Diagnostic and try to send "Test Outgoing Email" on user@companyname.com, everything is OK.

But when I try to send the same email to external email address, then I always get "Loading ..." animation and then this error:

This page isn’t working

172.168.0.1 is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

But after some minutes I receive this test email message to the external mail address.

How can I repair that issue? What can I do?

It is not acceptable that I have to wait for mail arrival for some minutes because I would like to get it at the moment.

Comments

• Honestly?  My advice is to ditch XAMPP and install Apache, PHP, and MySQL yourself.

Otherwise you would want to look at your Apache error logs, PHP error logs and see what errors are being logged.  If you do not have logging turned on then you would have to turn it on and trigger the error again for it to log it.
  • Thank you for reply!

Unfortunately, I didn't know that XAMPP is not a good choice, so now I have what I have :)

On the other hand, osTicket works well, it is responsive and emails arrive in real time inside our company.

So, I think it is better to leave as is until there won't be need for external communication with osTicket.

But I have one more idea - I will contact our Exchange admin and ask him if something could be wrong with SMTP server.
  • Well, I've got answer from Exchange admin: the reason for this breakdown is maybe the spam checker which checks every email which go outside from the company.

However, I think this isn't very problematic until there won't be any need for larger number of external outgoing emails.