Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Ticket Filter - Send an Email - %{message} variable

edited April 18 in General Discussions
I'm trying to get a ticket filter to work that takes an email with certain characters in the subject then sends an email to another address but retaining the original email's subject and body.

It works for the subject with the %{ticket.subject} variable but doesn't work with the %{message} variable in the body.  It just passes along %{message}.

See the screen shots for clarification.

Any help on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated.image

Comments

• I found this https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/4108 which says this is happening because the filters apply before the ticket is created, however I CAN put %{ticket.subject} in the subject line of the Send Email action and it works fine.  So I assumed the %{message} within the body of Send Email action should work as well.
  • My wish is that I could do something as simple as forward on an email received into OS Ticket (with certain criteria in the subject) to another email address without creating a ticket in OS Ticket.  Am I looking at this problem correctly?
  • I would recommend that you add you comment to the github thread.
  • edited April 17
    I was able to accomplish what I needed by using an Exchange transport rule instead.
  • Excellent.  I'll mark this as resolved and close it.
    Please feel free to start a new thread if you have additional questions.
This discussion has been closed.