Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Pull information from Custom form Submission

Hello,

I recently created a custom form, I am trying to pull the information being submitted by the user.
I tried looking int the SQL database but im a bit confused on where to look.

I was able to locate the query in which it pulls the fields from my form:

SELECT A1.`id`, A1.`form_id`, A1.`flags`, A1.`type`, A1.`label`, A1.`name`, A1.`configuration`, A1.`sort`, A1.`hint`, A1.`created`, A1.`updated`, A2.`id`, A2.`pid`, A2.`type`, A2.`flags`, A2.`title`, A2.`instructions`, A2.`name`, A2.`notes`, A2.`created`, A2.`updated` FROM `ost_form_field` A1 LEFT JOIN `ost_form` A2 ON (A1.`form_id` = A2.`id`) WHERE A1.`form_id` = 8 ORDER BY A1.`sort` ASC

the results are all the fields that i created but no actual information is captured. (https://imgur.com/a/HBg3kpf)

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I am currently using OSticket v 10.0.1

Comments

• "I am currently using OSticket v 10.0.1"
    ^This is not a valid version of osTicket.

Form fields are stored in ost_form, ost_form_field, ost_form_entry and ost_form_entry_values.  There are a few different kind of values and they are stored in different ways.

This is from memory so might be off a little:
    If you look in ost_form and pick out the form or list that you want to get the information from you can get the id. 
    You then look at the ost_form_entry table using that id compared to the form_id field, and get the internal ticket id field (which I think is object_id) and id.  Using the id from this table you can look up the data in entry_values.
  • Thank you i will give it a go. My mistake Osticket v1.10.1
  • Very welcome.