Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Public Dashboard/Open Tickets

One of the things I wish OSticket had was the ability to allow a "public" dashboard showing open tickets. I think it's important for management and other members of the company to see our que/ work load.

Comments

• Why not just give whoever needs to see your queue an account?
  • I've created a very limited account for this purpose. Users can only read access tickets.
  • Wouldn't something like this suit your needs?

source: http://www.tmib.net/add-client-side-open-ticket-list-osticket-17st
  • This looks great, but I have 1 issue and 1 question.
    Issue:
    Says there are no open tickets, site logs show the following error:
    Warning: mysql_numrows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\\apache_www_root\\\\public_html\\display_open_topics.php on line 29
    Question:
    Would it be possible to extend this to display on another website? Ie, a site running on a different server?
  • Chaosratt:

This should allow you to host the display_open_tickets.php on another server.

edit display_open_tickets.php
    on line 14 add the following:

# configure this area with your database connection information
    $dbhost = 'localhost'; // FQDN server name or IP (or localhost for local machine)
    $dbname = 'ostickets'; // database name
    $dbuser = 'USERNAME'; // database username
    $dbpass = 'PASSWORD'; // database password for username (above)

# make the connection to the MySQL server
    mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass);
    @mysql_select_db($dbname) or die( \"DB Error: Unable to select database\");

Obviously you want to make sure that you customize dbhost, dbname, dbuser, dbpass to your scenario.

Oh and you can get rid of that warning by replacing line 28-29 with the following:

if($result=mysql_query($query)) { 
    $num = mysql_numrows($result);
    }
  • Still getting that mysql error.
  • Got it, You've got bits in there about an agency field, which I don't have on a stock install.
  • The article does say
    [note: my installation uses an additional field 'agency' (site) and this is setup to display that field. You will need to change this to remove references to it.]
    Honestly I was being lazy and didnt want to remove it. :)