Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Message in New Ticket Alert

It would be nice to have the ability to show the message in the new Ticket Alert.

Right now we have a Ticket that comes in, then hits the filter which sends it to a team.

The Team then checks their phone and only sees a link to click. It would be nice if they could see the message directly on their phone.

We looked at adding the %comment variable, but it just shows that the ticket was transferred.

Comments

• Can't you just put something like this here?

Admin panel -> Emails -> Templates -> YOUR TEMPLATE NAME -> New Ticket Alert

%{recipient},

New ticket #%{ticket.number} created.
    -------------------
    Name: %{ticket.name}
    Email: %{ticket.email}
    Dept: %{ticket.dept.name}
    Subject: %{ticket.subject}

%{message}
    -------------------

To view/respond to the ticket, please login to the support ticket system.
    %{ticket.staff_link}

Your friendly,

Customer Support System powered by osTicket.
  • In the actual email it only shows %message

and not the actual message.
  • uh... when my ticket system informs me that I have a new ticket, I get an email with the message of the ticket included.
  • When you set the filter to go to a team, it doesn't...
  • Ah. That's the difference then... I don't sent emails to teams. In fact my department email addresses are mailing lists controlled on my mail server.

Have you reported this bug over at github?
    https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket-1.7/issues?state=open
  • I've reported it for you.
  • Auto-assignment (via filters or help topics) don't have comments - like staff assigned tickets. Substituting incoming message for comments seem logical, but it will, in my opinion, create more confusion - i.e incoming message is not really a comment.

We plan on revisiting the issue - one proposal we have on the table is using a different template for auto-assignment as away to get around overloading variables.
  • Thanks!

In the mean time a work around that we came up with is to use a dummy account and set it as the department manager.

We then have that email account forward to the appropriate individuals who need access to it.