Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Responsive Custom Theme (1.7)

Earlier this year, I released a clean & minimal responsive custom theme for osTicket version 1.6. I've had some demand since for a 1.7 version, which is now available for download here. Enjoy!

http://jaypick.me/themes/responsive-osticket-theme

Comments

• Hi. I love the theme, but I'm having some trouble installing it. Is there a certain install procedure to follow? I'm trying to overwrite the files in my existing installation with the ones provided in the .zip, but I get an error "Fatal Error: Contact system administrator." when going to my osTicket url. The same error occurs when I copy the provided files to a new location on my server (without overwriting anything)
  • Awesome theme, any chance of you making something like this for the staff interface?
  • Hi, I've put a readme file inside the .zip file with a link to the osTicket installation instructions. Follow that and you should be fine.
  • Please re-download the files and then follow the installation instructions in the readme file.
  • any plans for the scp version of this?
  • Very awesome, great job. Thank you~
  • Gr8 theme.

This is really gr8 theme waiting for scp :) too
    viniati;40232 said:
    Very awesome, great job. Thank you~
  • bfarren240;40213 said:
    Hi. I love the theme, but I'm having some trouble installing it. Is there a certain install procedure to follow? I'm trying to overwrite the files in my existing installation with the ones provided in the .zip, but I get an error "Fatal Error: Contact system administrator." when going to my osTicket url. The same error occurs when I copy the provided files to a new location on my server (without overwriting anything)
    you need to run your setup again or use your old config
  • Client Error

when I install this and its all setup and i go to the client screen in the top right corner I get some code that says isvalid?>. What have I done wrong? :confused:
  • Can you post a screenshot please?
  • Client Error Screenshot

Also the FAQ bit at the bottom isn't lined up properly either. but here is the screenshot
    2013-06-12_192654.jpg
    485 x 280 - 17K
  • Hi, any chance you could send over a bigger screenshot please? The one you attached is tiny!
  • it wouldnt let me upload a nice big one, soooooo theres the link to where its hosted and not working.

http://mkellett.no-ip.org/osticket/
  • Are you certain this was a fresh install?
  • positive. I have another install but they don't share the same database.
  • Strange. I suggest you re download a fresh copy of the theme (which I have just updated) and re upload as a fresh install. That should sort it.
  • all good, seems to be working but the FAQ bit is still not inline properly also How do i change the colours of the theme? I'd like to change from pink to a dark blue that matches my logo
  • mkellett;40330 said:
    all good, seems to be working but the FAQ bit is still not inline properly also How do i change the colours of the theme? I'd like to change from pink to a dark blue that matches my logo
    Having the same issue regarding the FAQ, seems like this was accidentally forgotten about (understandable since Jay doesn't have an FAQ on his site).

Regarding the colours you can easily change these by editing the CSS. The CSS files containing the colours you want to change is in css/main.css.

@jay_pick any idea when you'll have a fix for the FAQ? Not in a big rush but if you're lacking the time to fix it quickly then I'll fix it myself for our site.

Also any word on if you will be making a theme for the SCP? I love this theme and it would be nice to keep everything consistent and have the admin interface matching.

Edit: mkellett, a quick fix for the home page (will work on the FAQ tomorrow if jay doesn't get to it) is to go into index.php and find the "Be sure to browse our
    Be sure to browse our
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), before opening a ticket.
  • I may have time this afternoon. Yeah, you're right, FAQs were accidentally forgotten about!
  • I've fixed that now. You'll only need to replace index.php.

No plans yet for SCP version, busy with client work!
  • jay_pick;40386 said:
    I've fixed that now. You'll only need to replace index.php.

No plans yet for SCP version, busy with client work!
    Thanks for that, but that doesn't fix the FAQ pages themselves (check mkellett's website) :P.

Didn't look too much into the code but I assume you just need to throw some div tags into the files referenced in kb/index.php
  • Lol oh yeah. Pretty much. I'll sort it. Thanks for the heads up!
  • FAQs section should be all sorted now http://demos.jaypick.me/osticket1.7/
  • jay_pick;40392 said:
    FAQs section should be all sorted now http://demos.jaypick.me/osticket1.7/
    Brilliant, thanks. What files need to be replaced?
  • index.php

faq.inc.php, faq-category.inc.php, knowledgebase.inc.php in /client/

and main.css in /css/
  • jay_pick;40394 said:
    index.php

faq.inc.php, faq-category.inc.php, knowledgebase.inc.php in /client/

and main.css in /css/
    Cool, thanks. All up and running for me, also tweaked stuff a little bit for my liking (added an FAQ button to the header).
  • Fix status OsTicket

Dear jay_pick!

Great job! It works perfect!

I need your help, because in GetStatus section in the client's view shows me bad file information
    view.inc.php

I shows the section titles, but not the information ..
    Could you help me to identify the error?
    Attached an image

Best Regards!! :)
    bad_information.jpg
    917 x 531 - 69K
  • Great job - very clean and modern-looking. I'd have to second adidasrta's question about a version that also skins the staff portal, though, since the most impressive aspect of your theme is its compact presentation on mobile devices (which would be really useful on /scp pages where I work).
  • Hi!!

anyone else having trouble viewing the file
    view.inc.php
    properly?.
    or is it just my wamp server problem?:(

Regards!!
  • nice

nice work - how do i now apply that to the sCP administration/help desk staff interface too please?