Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Sending mails to various departments

Hello everyone,

I started facing problems when I added a couple of various departments to my osTicket configuration (v. 1.7.0).

What happens is that I have 3 departments with 3 different members who are also managers of their departments. In 'Alerts & Notices' I explicitly selected that only the 'Department Manager' should be mailed when a new ticket comes. I created a couple of tickets but the department's manager was never informed by mail that a new ticket showed up in the queue.

My server is running Debian 6.0, and this is what I see in my mail logs:

Jun 13 15:42:00 mail postfix/smtpd[11761]: connect from unknown[***.***.***.***]
Jun 13 15:42:01 mail postfix/smtpd[11761]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[***.***.***.***]: 550 5.1.1 <www-data@mydomain>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<> to=<www-data@mydomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mydomain>

Why there is nothing in "from" value and why does the system send the mail to [email]www-data@mydomain.com[/email] instead to the department's manager? Am I missing some configuration here? How can I fix it?

P.