Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Creating custom reports?

Newbie Alert!!!:)

How do I do basic reports? All I want to do is at the end of the month print a report of each staff member and their tickets (All states).

Comments

• basic reporting is in the dashboard.

Staff panel -> Dashboard

Your other option is to wait for scottro to update his reports mod.
    source1: http://sudobash.net/ostickets-reports/
    source2: http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6171&page=19

p.s please don't double post. it makes me a grumpy moderator. :)
  • Soo sorry!

:o Wont happen again. Didn't mean to. Been a long day. I am trying out tons of these ticketing systems and yours if by far the best Open source one..Good Job!
  • To add on to what Ntozier has said earlier - you wont' have to wait long for the Reports MOD.

If you are really eager you can piece together a working version for 1.7 as I have using the Forum suggestions linked by ntozier. Alternatively Scottro has stated in that same forum post that he is aiming to finish updating his reporting MOD for 1.7 by the end of this weekend. So it SHOULD be available by Monday to the masses. :)
  • I'll wait and let him do his magic..TY
  • Which files to modify?

Okay I see the new MOD by scott (Report 6.0). Do I still download the Reports 5.0 files and apply instructions on this page? Or is there a place to download the 6.0 MOD?

http://sudobash.net/osticket-reports-6-0-osticket-release-1-7/#comments

When he says "The rest of the Report 6.0 MOD" for a donation. What is the rest?
  • Well You could do either to be honest.

The New Version that is 1.7 compatible requires a small donation in order to unlock the rest of the code required for his reporting MOD. This also includes Free Support to set it up. While I think the cost is justified due to how much work he put into the MOD - It is in the end, a paid MOD for an Open source Project, which I'm not sure How I feel about that to be quite honest....

In any case, yes you can piece together a working version from the Forum Post based off his Reporting MOD v5 for 1.6 - However there are a few small quirks with it which are probably fixed in the 1.7 version.
  • Open Source?

:confused: :(

Okay let me start by saying that this mod is great and wouldn't hesitate paying for it or making some sort of donation. I'm sure he put a lot of work in to it and wants to be compensated. But making it mandatory to donate for the 6.0 code is somewhat misleading. "Donate" is that something that should be done from the goodness of ones heart and to show appreciation. This stuff is open source and should stay free. If someone wants to sell their code they should just come out and say it's for sale.
  • Bengal313;40569 said:
    :confused: :(

Okay let me start by saying that this mod is great and wouldn't hesitate paying for it or making some sort of donation. I'm sure he put a lot of work in to it and wants to be compensated. But making it mandatory to donate for the 6.0 code is somewhat misleading. "Donate" is that something that should be done from the goodness of ones heart and to show appreciation. This stuff is open source and should stay free. If someone wants to sell their code they should just come out and say it's for sale.

Yea I would tend to agree with that sentiment, However since He coded the MOD and he owns the rights to it - He is entitled to share /distribute/sell, etc as he sees fit. With as many hits as some of his Pages have gotten, one would think adding Advertisements would yield a better return - but all in all it isn't free to Host a Website and It certainly doesn't pay to develop CODE for an open source project. Maybe he is just trying to break even to pay hosting costs :)
  • Rionoskae;40571 said:
    Yea I would tend to agree with that sentiment, However since He coded the MOD and he owns the rights to it - He is entitled to share /distribute/sell, etc as he sees fit. With as many hits as some of his Pages have gotten, one would think adding Advertisements would yield a better return - but all in all it isn't free to Host a Website and It certainly doesn't pay to develop CODE for an open source project. Maybe he is just trying to break even to pay hosting costs :)

Agreed!!! :)

I don't mind paying for something that is worth it. This is definitely one of those things. He should just come out and sell it.

I digress!
  • I know Scottro from the forums. I mention this because I am probably slightly biased. I know that together he and I have spent hours and hours and days troubleshooting and fixing problems that people have reported with the reports mod, adding new features, tweaking, documenting, etc. He's spent a lot more time than I have. I say this because while I agree that people should donate for this great mod, the reality is that people don't. [Okay correction, they really haven't.]

I don't think that Scott's really looking for a hand out or a pay day, but it sure is nice to make a little money on the side with all the work that we [the community] have put into this project, mods, etc. I've contemplated doing something similar just to attempt to cover the costs associated with webhosting, domain registration, etc.

:)
  • ntozier;40597 said:
    I know Scottro from the forums. I mention this because I am probably slightly biased. I know that together he and I have spent hours and hours and days troubleshooting and fixing problems that people have reported with the reports mod, adding new features, tweaking, documenting, etc. He's spent a lot more time than I have. I say this because while I agree that people should donate for this great mod, the reality is that people don't. [Okay correction, they really haven't.]

I don't think that Scott's really looking for a hand out or a pay day, but it sure is nice to make a little money on the side with all the work that we [the community] have put into this project, mods, etc. I've contemplated doing something similar just to attempt to cover the costs associated with webhosting, domain registration, etc.

I am new to this community and been using osTicket for about a week now. Love the community and the fast responses I get to my questions. You guys do a great job and are very appreciated.
  • I'm not a fan of that mod at all. I mean it is nice and all but I would like a print out of open tickets, it would be nice to have a print out of open tickets with the responses. Does anything like this exist?
  • Reaser,

A print out of all open tickets and responses is not a report... its a book.
    You can print open tickets and responses by printing each ticket manually.
    And no, I am not aware of anything like you are describing.