Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Need to check body for ticket ID

I work with eBay, and one thing i have noticed is that the reply subject tends to be whatever eBay wants, they get rid of any notion of a ticket id.

Is there any way I can set up the system to determine if a new ticket should be created based on having the ticket id inserted above the end tag for ebay or in the subject line for normal tickets.

example:

To: So and so
Subject: Your ebay item blah blah blah

This is an example email

[Ticket id]
----do not remove----

Im running osTicket 1.6.0 Stable on a raspberry Pi running raspberrian linux with great success
Mail Sending: SMTP
Mail Fetching/Receiving: IMAP
PHP version: 5.4.4-4

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Was there ever a solution you came up for this? I am facing the same problem and would love for it to work. Thanks!
  • I am using OsTicket (current develop-next tip, so basically 1.10RC2+) with ebay successfully. My modifications are here:

What this does:
    - If a message contains the "Ebay Referenznummer", it will be appended to any answer, so ebay can assign the mail to the correct message
    - If a mail comes in from an existing ebay user with a ticket newer than two weeks, the messages is attached to the existing ticket instead of creating a new one

This only works with the GERMAN ebay.de, but the modifications are simple for other market places.
    have fun