Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Syncronisation of 2 Osticket instances

Good morning guys,

My organisation has 2 instances of osticket running, lets call it Country 1 and Country 2.
They now want to sync specific tickets between the two instances.
How will i achieve this?

The setups are identical:
osTicket Version     v1.9.12 (19292ad) — Up to date
Web Server Software     Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
MySQL Version     5.5.46
PHP Version     5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14
PHP Extensions
gdlib    
imap    
xml    
xml-dom    
json   
mbstring    
phar    
fileinfo    
PHP Settings
cgi.fix_pathinfo     "1" is recommended if AJAX is not working
date.timezone     Africa/Johannesburg

Firstly i have checked documentation on the API : http://tmib.net/using-osticket-1812-api, and i just cant seem to get it working, i keep getting the error "Unable to enable selected API key."

Can anyone suggest a method of achieving this syncronisation and perhaps point me to documentation of the API for V 1.9.12.

Comments

• You created the API key in osTicket?

It's also active in osTicket?

I'm pretty sure that "Unable to enable selected API key" means that the API key does not exist in osTicket, or isn't active.

It appears to be generated here:
    /scp/apikeys.php
    line 55-65

I'm not aware of anyway to synchronize two osTicket installations. 
  • I have created the API within the osticket, i used the IP address of the server i want to send from. I then edited the ost-api-exampl.php file and ran this PHP file from the sending servers web interface and used the /usr/bin/php command.....i got the following error: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function curl_init() in /var/www/html/ost-api-example.php on line 58.

See my file attached.
    osticket-api.pdf
  • That error only occurs if you try to use curl and have not enabled the curl extension in PHP.

• Hey man,

shot for your help so far, k i installed curl and it looks like that solved that issue above but i now get this

#!/usr/bin/php -q
    Unable to create ticket:

Found

The document has moved here, - URL not supported

but in the api-create.php script it refers to a url of /api/tickets.json or /api/http.php/tickets.json

When i go into path there is no tickets.json, do i need to install additional modules to php to create this tickets.json or what can you suggest?
  • the .htaccess in /api should be handling the request. (which sends it to http.php)
    If it is not then either the .htaccess is not being read and followed, or there is a server configuration issue, or you altered something.
  • Add the other instance as a collaborator?
  • We tried this, but it creates a Loop. When call is closed, it replies and creates a new ticket