Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Stop email to support

Hello,

I have set up my support email. I am still getting emails on this email address. I would like to stop all emails from appearing in my inbox and only use osTicket. Is this possible?

Thank you

Comments

• You have not provided us with enough information to actually answer your question.

If you are using a support email address why would emails be appearing in your email inbox?  

The most common osTicket email setup is to collect email from a pop or IMAP mail box.  Depending on your server architecture you could setup email piping.  http://osticket.com/wiki/Email_settings#Email_Piping

• Sorry for not providing enough info.

I have actually set up the email piping and osTicket is working fine. However, I want to stop received emails addressed to support email and only control emails on osTicket. Currently, I am receiving emails on osTicket and the support inbox. What I am trying to do is not have any emails delivered to support email and control all the emails on osTicket.

I am not sure if this is possible.

Thanks
  • So you setup a support email address (lets say support@domain.tld).
    You setup piping so those emails go to osTicket.
    And now you do not want emails sent to supprt@domain.tld be received by the support@domain.tld?
    Sounds to me like you need to change how you have your mailserver configured then.