Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Easy Editing of Ticket Data

Hi,

I thought it would be a good idea to have drop-down menus in the Ticket Overview rather than having to edit the ticket data by clicking the "Edit" button. This should also make all custom form data visible for a quicker overview of what has been filled out and what has not. This makes completing this data at a later point much easier and more obvious. (See attached screen shot)

Thanks.

Comments

• Screenshot
    ice_screenshot_20160513-112638.png
    952 x 255 - 35K
  • I second this! Making it easier for Agents to edit the Ticket Details, including custom forms, would go a long way to increasing the usability for the Agents.
  • Neat idea.  Thanks for the feedback!
  • Sounds ideal!
  • Glad you all like the idea! I think this would work wonders at improving (at least out our company) the quality of data that is reported due to its intuitiveness and increased simplification of editing. 

@ntozier - Do you share the ideas with the devs or how does that work? Am I supposed to put suggestions on Github as well? (never done that before) 
    P.S. Thanks for all your work! You do a great job with this forum.
  • edited May 2016
    Your best bet is to post a feature request on github. I routinely send emails to the dance with summaries of posts I think are important that they should take a look at. This includes problem reports, suggestions, feedback.

written with voice to text, hope it makes sense.