Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Forgot Password - Reset Email Not Received

Version: V 1.9.12

I have configured the SMTP email settings and it is working fine. I receive the Alert mail properly and everything seems to be fine.

When I click on the Forgot Password Link and give the Username / Email ID. It says an email has been sent. But I did not receive the mail.

Please OST Team.. Thank in Advance. 

Comments

• What happens if you try the working email from Alert?

• Do you have anything in your logs? Which email provider/server?
  • Version of php?
  • There are two Emails:
    1. osTicket Alerts <alerts@gmail.com> ---------> No SMTP details provided. I have Disabled.. (Because same Email ID cannot be used...(tickets@xxxxx.org... cannot be used)

2. TTD Ticketing Support <tickets@xxxxx.org> ---------> SMTP Details provided.

PHP Version = 5.6.20

Please find below the Error log:

Password reset was attempted for agent: Zuber Khan

Requested-User-Id: zuber.k@xxxx.com
    Source-Ip: xxxxxxx
    Email-Sent-To: zuber.k@xxxx.com
    Email-Sent-Via: alerts@gmail.com

Password reset request is attempting through alerts@gmail.com. But alerts@gmail.com does not have SMTP settings. So the email is not received. How can I divert Password reset request through other one which has SMTP settings configured (TTD Ticketing Support <tickets@xxxxx.org>)..

Email Error 1.png
    819 x 460 - 17K
  • Note: All the other alerts are working fine. Thanks
  • Any Help on this Please.. @buck_rogers  @ ntozier @Grizly 

Logs I have provided above. Need your Help.
  • What happens if you put alerts@yourdomain.org instead of Gmail?

I send all my Google apps messages through their relay service via my own postfix box, so I can use any email address I like as long as the domain is mine. (Full dmarc, SPF etc).
  • I get the below Error..

Unable to email via SMTP:192.16x.xx.9:25 [tickets] Failed to send data [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender)]
  • You've got verification of senders on, create an account for alerts.
  • thank You All.. :) It worked Now.. Please close the thread.. :)
  • No worries mate. :)
This discussion has been closed.