Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Good bye...

Unfortunately the time has come for me to bid farewell to OSTickets.  I still think it is a great platform with lots of potential but with the lack luster development and number of issues that have been left unresolved since its last release of August, 19th, 2015 (coming up on a year), I have to move to a platform that is a bit more robust, has better reporting features, and most importantly has issues fixed in a reasonable amount of time.  Special thanx to the mods here who do a great job at supporting the product and have assisted me in the past.

Comments

• May the force be with you!
  • Where are you going?  You won't believe the amount of trouble I've had to endure because I've delayed the launch of our Ticket System and Plugin Developments. I've been promising a release 'soon' to my staff members for 10 months now.  I look like an utter fool in front of them.  It's now reached the time where it impacts multiple projects meant to go live now.  You'd think there would be some form of update, but since August 2015 not a single verbal or version update...
    Someone recently asked me why on earth I'd go with osTicket as they never bring updates of any kind and seem like development has died off. I see what they mean now. 10 months without an update is shocking...
    It's a shame V10 looks so darn amazing - otherwise I would have jumped ship 12 months ago.
  • There were two releases last week. 1.9.14 and 1.10rc3.
  • Thanks ntozier - The Download section states that it was released in August 2015, but clicking on it shows that it was last updated 3 days ago.

The top of all these pages state "osTicket v1.9.12 (stable), osTicket v1.10-RC.2 (Release Candidate) now available! Go get it now", so that kinda also made it seem like nothing is going forward.  I can see on Github that lots of stuff is happening, but without even a rough guideline the release of V1.10 could be next week or in 5 years. I love osTicket, but I can't have an such an uncertainty. If only there was a roadmap...
  • edited June 2016
    Yes they haven't made the announcement post yet.  I pinged them every day for the last couple days asking them to fix the page and post the announcement thread. 

The devs dont want to give a more concrete answer than "when it is ready".  Historically the amount of bitching is not worth the headache if they run a few days (or more) late with a release. The devs have a roadmap, it is not public.
  • Thanks ntozier.