Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

SMTP configuration error

Hi, 
I am unable to configure the SMTP email configuration as it is give the below message 
Failed to connect to smtp.office365.com:587 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (code: -1, response: )]
Following are the system details 
Email configured SMTP (Office 365)
  • Mail Fetching/Receiving: IMAP but disabled
  • PHP version: 5.6.20
  • Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Comments

• "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Your webserver is not allowed to communicate with the email server. (or there is a firewall preventing the connection).
  • Hi Ntozier,

Thank you. I have got it all checked and there is not service block from the service provider. 

Warm Regards,
    Abhishek
  • The error is from the server, not osTicket, so either osTicket is trying to access something unknown or the server has something that doesn't allow the communication.
  • Hey Buck,

This error has never been resolved too since a few versions back if i remember correctly and it still exists in my latest v1.9 install.

If you have any workable fix, do let us know.

-AOS.
  • My only other recomendation would be to try PHP 5.5.x as some people have reported issues with 5.6.x
  • edited June 2016
    I really dont think that I like the idea that I have to log into google drive to see this file. Sorry but not going to open that link. You should post the file to the forums.
  • edited June 2016
    Sorry, this worked?
    SMTP.php.txt
  • edited June 2016

SMTP.php.txt
  • You may want to consider some documentation of what you expect people to do with this... since it appears to be a mail script written for PHP4 in 2003 and last updated in 2011.