Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Need help with Ubuntu 16.04 server install

Hi,

I am new to this so forgive me if I dont include all the info that is needed. I will do my best to add what I can. I have made 2 virtual servers running ubuntu server ver 16.04. On the first one I told it to do a LAMP setup on install and followed the instructions for the ostickets install (extracted zip moved files from upload to folder and changed the owner/group permissions for /var/www/html both to www-data) however when I try to load the page it comes up with the error 500. I then built a second one and installed the lamp setup manually by apt-get following a slightly older walkthrough and I still got the same issue. I looked in my apache2 error.log and found these 2 entries repeat for each time I try loading the ostickets by browser:

[date] [:error] [pid 11117] [client 10.0.0.3:62547] PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
[date] [:error] [pid 11117] [client 10.0.0.3:62547] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/var/www/html/support/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

Is there a permission somewhere else besides /var/www/html that i need to change as well? I really dont know where to go from here. Thanks!

-Darrell

Comments