Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Moved OST to Windows; admin email fails, yielding fatal error

Hey all,
Yesterday, I moved my OST 1.9.14 from Debian to Windows Server. I thought it would be easy, but I'm having a problem with getting the admin email to send. Since that fails, I get a fatal error, and nothing works (this is in bootstrap.php).

From what I've read, I have to use PHPMailer, but I don't know how. I have the zip file for that library, but there's no way I know of to get OST to use it. What really confuses me is why no one else runs into this; there must be thousands of OST instances running quite happily on Windows servers. Something internal must be configured differently, since I started on Debian and simply restored the entire database on the Windows Server machine. Is fixing this a simple change to the database somewhere, or do I need to use PHPMailer and running OST on Windows is far less common than I thought? Thanks!

Comments

• You do not have to use PHPMailer.  You can use SMTP or you can use PHPMail. If you want to use PHPMail, then you need to configure the [mail function] section in your php.ini.

We run under windows and use SMTP to send mail through our Exchange server, and do not use the PHPMail feature.
  • Disregard this. It turned out to be a misconfiguration of my database settings on the Windows Server (wrong username). Once I changed that, everything started working again. Oops.
  • Gotcha. 
    I hate when i do things like that. :)

I'll close this thread.  Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.