Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Adding new agents

I am very new to OSTicket, and we are testing it to see if we can use it within our company to track customer issues.
OSTicket is installed on a PC running W7 32-bit.
OSTicket version: 1.9.14
Webserver: Abyss/2.11.1
MySQL: 5.7.14
PHP: 5.6.24

The installation appears to have gone okay and I can view across the network and log-on using the orginal account. However the problem is that I can't create new agents. Each time I try to create a new account I get the error "Vaild email is required". The email address entered is correct I have even tried two different email addresses within the same domain.
I then tried creating with a total different email address and this time I got "Unable to add this agent. Correct error(s) below and try again.". The problem is that no errors are highlighed.
I have attached a couple of screen shots.
Am I doing something wrong?
If you need any further information please let me know.

Regards
Simon

Comments

• Not sure if attachments working so trying again.

imageimage
    Image2.png
    689 x 374 - 27K
    Image3.png
    967 x 757 - 48K
  • My guess is that you have a problem in DNS. You can either address he DNS issue or go to Admin menu -> Email settings -> and uncheck "Verify Email Addresses".
  • Thanks that fixed it.

Simon
  • Very welcome.