Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Install Succeeded - Now getting Error: Contact system admin.

Hi,

So I made it through the install, and it said my database and site was created successfully, then in went into a loop, and kept redirecting me back to the install.php document.  Once I deleted that, I started getting  "Error: Contact system admin." So after that, I checked the httpd.conf to make sure I was pointing to the right folder...even changed the default to the folder with the index.php (/opt/osticket/upload/index.php) no dice.  A note:  If I delete /opt/osticket/upload/index.php, i get the standard "Testing 123..." Apache welcome page.   Please advise.

Specifications:
  • Centos 7
  • just ran a yum update prior, so everything is up to date.
  • used osTicket-v1.9.12.zip for binaries
  • Snippet from last httpd access log (no errors in error log)- 10.1.8.7 - - [03/Aug/2016:13:53:56 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 28 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.82 Safari/537.36"

Comments

• CentosOS... running SELInux and/or mod_security?

Did the installer update your ost-config.php file in /includes?
  • I disabled SELinux, and no mod_security.  What could I look for in the ost-config.php to validate it was updated?
  • Actually, now that we are talking about the ost-config.php...I gave it 777 because the install was failing to write to it, and it still failed after that (not sure how that's possible) so I just modified the PHP to go around it.
  • SELinux probably prevented it from being written too properly.
    It should house your DB config information
  • Would that still be the case if I disabled SELinux and then restarted the server to complete the installation?
  • No... but you said that you deleted things.  So... You would have to go back through the installation.
  • Aha...Let me try doing that.
  • You were absolutely right, working great!

Thanks!
  • Fantastic!

I'll mark this as resolved and close it.  If you get stuck or have more questions please feel free to start another thread.
This discussion has been closed.