Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

"Access denied" message before initial setup

Hi,

This is my first attempt at installing osTicket so please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I am trying to install on a VM with Ubuntu 14.04, PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.19, Apache 2.4.7 and MySql 5.5.50.

I unzipped the download in the user's home folder (/home/helpdesk) and renamed  the "upload" folder as "public_html" as that is the web server root folder.

I have ensured that both the public_html and scripts folders belong to the user, and have appropriate permissions.

The URL is http://helpdesk.jhbchev.co.za/ - I have not been able to access the setup process described in the wiki.

I will be most grateful for any guidance.
Tagged:

Comments

• If you are getting an access denied me guess would be that your webserver does not have access to the folder that you put stuff in. (/home/helpdesk/public_html)  You should look at ownership/group and then compare that to your webserver's username/group.