Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Linking User to Organization

I see that an organisation can be linked to a user   (Agent panel > Organisations > select org. > Add user)

However, the other way round - linking a user to an organisation (Agent panel > Users > User directory > select user > Manage account) does not work or I do not understand it.

There is an empty field labelled Organisation.  It is empty whether the user is already linked or not.

Whatever I type in there is not saved.  Whether it is a valid or invalid organization name, the input is accepted but is then lost.

Comments

• Version of osTicket?

You've already described how you add users to an organization so I have no idea what you are talking about.  I can only assume that you or someone else added an additional text field called Organization to the User Details form.
  • Thank you for the prompt responses.

I have no idea how to add a field.

I'm just at the 'toddler' stage with osTicket so I may have have done it in my  general rummaging - but I doubt it.

How do I add/remove fields from forms?

• I would also point out that the logical place to join a User with an Organization is when adding or changing a User.

It is not very practical to create a User and then have to go over to the Organization screen, search for the user by name and link it in.
  • You did not answer my question.  Version of osTicket?

Q: How do I add/remove fields from forms?
    A: Admin panel -> Manage ->  Forms

Perhaps this thread will assist you:
    http://www.osticket.com/forum/discussion/78513/adding-existing-users-to-existing-organizations#latest
  • Sorry - v1.9.14 (8b927a0).

Thank you very much for that link - it does answer my basic question of linking a user to an organisation.

I withdraw my comment - the option is there just not where I expected it (and where I did expect it there is this rogue 'Organisation' field that does not seem to do anything).

I'm getting used to the style of the implementation which is different from what I am used to.

Many thanks for the help.

• Very welcome.