Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Unable to delete agents

Hello,

I am trying to remove agents from my helpdesk, however I get the error "Unknown action - get technical help."   I was running v1.9.9-1gbe2f138, but upgraded to 1.9.14.  I get this error when I try locking or deleting both local and AD users.  

Comments

• You haven't really provided us with enough information with which to assist you. Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Webserver and version?
    PHP version?
  • Im sorry.  Here is that information:

Webserver: IIS 6.2 (Installed on windows 2012 R2 Server)
    PHP Version: v5.3

• I was of the opinion that PHP 5.4+ was required for 1.9.14. 
    Have you enabled the DELETE verb in IIS?
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10127607/how-can-i-enable-delete-verb-in-iis7/10616736#10616736
  • late thought... someone posted on github saying something about users cannot be deleted if they have tickets attached to them.  Does the user you are trying to delete have tickets associated with their account?
  • No tickets are assigned to the agents I am trying to remove.  So maybe I should try upgrading my PHP to 5.4 or latest?

• Do you know if there are any issues with PHP 7.0?
  • Yes. 1.9.14 does not support PHP 7.
  • Ok, so I upgraded to 5.6.25. And I still have same error message.  I was mistaken about my IIS version.  I am on version 8.5.9600.16384
  • My HTTP Verbs list is blank.  No entries.
  • Well then you might want to fix that.
  • ok. So I added a Delete Verb, but still no luck.

• Did you restart IIS?
  • Yep. Still no luck
  • Im sure its the same reason, but it also won't allow me to delete entries in my log.
  • Does your MySQL user have the DELETE permission on your database?
  • Yep. It sure does.
  • Using HediSQL 9.1.0.4867.  The user has full permissions on the database.
  • I just upgraded to 9.3
  • I notice 1.10 is available.  Would you recommend upgrading?

• Q: Would you recommend upgrading?
    A: Uh.... 1.10 is definitely not available.  So No.
  • ok... Because I see the notification on my screen "osTicket v1.9.12 (stable), osTicket v1.10-RC.2 (Release Candidate) now available! Go get it now

But if you do not recommend me upgrading to it at this point, I will hold off.  

But back to the issue,  I upgraded and verified my mySQL configuration, VERB entry created, PHP upgraded to 5.6..
  • I don't know.

We appear to be running similar setups [IIS 8.5, PHP 5.6]  I have no issues deleting Agents on my live, or test servers. (My test setups currently are running 1.9.14 and 1.10rc3 using a clone of the database from my live site.)

Can you check the MySQL error log?  PHP error Log and Apache error log again?
  • Sure.. 

I looked at the upgraded PHP5.6 error_log and this is what I see:

[14-Sep-2016 09:07:26 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\pear\Mail\mail.php on line 153

Only thing I see on my upgraded mySQL is this:
    /* 2016-09-14 11:33:47 [Unnamed] */ /* Ping server ... */

I did took a gander at the old PHP code (5.3) error_log and I do see some errors:
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of TicketModel::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.user.php on line 36
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of User::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.user.php on line 161
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Organization::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.organization.php on line 407
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicForm::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 244
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicFormField::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 652
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicFormField::save() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::save($refetch = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 652
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicFormEntry::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 1047
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicFormEntryAnswer::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 1164
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SelectionField::getWidget() should be compatible with FormField::getWidget($widgetClass = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 1379
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of TypeaheadSelectionWidget::render($how) should be compatible with ChoicesWidget::render($mode = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.dynamic_forms.php on line 1455
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicList::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.list.php on line 132
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of DynamicListItem::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.list.php on line 456
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of TicketStatus::delete() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::delete($pk = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.list.php on line 779
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of TicketStatus::create($ht) should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::create($ht = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.list.php on line 779
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Message::create($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::create($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1261
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Message::add($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::add($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1261
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Response::create($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::create($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1313
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Response::add($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::add($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1313
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Note::create($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::create($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1352
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of Note::add($vars, &$errors) should be compatible with ThreadEntry::add($vars) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.thread.php on line 1352
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  Declaration of RandomSequence::save() should be compatible with VerySimpleModel::save($refetch = false) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.sequence.php on line 234
    [12-Sep-2016 16:08:31 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class Error, because the name is already in use in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\include\class.error.php on line 43

• most of those errors/warnings look like the ones that people were getting using osTicket 1.9.x with PHP7.  Are you sure the site is running 5.6?
  • yep.  I removed 7 completely, and was about to remove the install files of 5.3 

This is my phpinfo page
  • did you restart IIS after removing PHP?

I can't think of anything else at this point... start over?
  • Going to ask a stupid question, and I apologize for it.  I just noticed the latest (stable) release is 1.9.12, and I currently am on 1.9.14.  Is the version I am on a beta or testing version?  Maybe I should downgrade to 1.9.12?  

I restarted the services and also restarted the server.  Unfortunatly it appears it didnt change anything.  I'll continue to monitor the logs and see if anything comes up.

• So they say there is no such thing as a stupid question. :)
    The latest 'stable' release is 1.9.14.
    http://osticket.com/download

The only problem with downgrading is that you would have to restart the database also... or restore from back up from an older version.  You could try setting up a 1.9.12 install with a new DB and see if you have the same issue though (which would be less destructive).