Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Upgraded to latest version and now get 500 internal server error

I was at version 1.9.12 (this was an upgrade attempt of an earlier version) and was getting "Valid CSRF Token Required" (on login). I had enough of troubleshooting that and just went to version 1.9.14. Copied the files into 'support' in Inetpub\wwwroot. Now I get the 500 error. Now, I have configured PHP correctly to show error log but I can't get it to show an error log driving me nuts. I tested php and it is working. Web server is working. I'm sure I blew away a config file somewhere but where?


The gist is it KINDA worked with 1.9.12 (got an osTicket login page but failed with CSRF Token). But this blew it up. Also MySQL is installed and operational.


HELP osTicket is putting me over the edge.

Comments

  • 500 internal server error is about as generic an error as they come for errors.   Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

    Version of PHP?
    PHP errors?
    Webserver software and version?

  • edited September 2016
    Sir-
    I thought about this later and relized I screwed up and posted it here. I could re-post if you would like me to.
    PHP is v5.5.36, Server 2012 R2 and IIS 8.5.9600. I have never been able to get a PHP error log generated, I put the options 'log_errors = On' and 'error_log = d:\php\php_errors.log'. On the PHP directory IUSR has MODIFY, System FULL, Administrators FULL, Users READ NTFS perms.

    This "kind of" worked before when I had the CSRF token issue on login. Upgrade to 14 gave me 500 error.

    Thank you so much. I don't even mind starting this from scratch. I can import the old osTicket site (currently running) later. But I HAVE to get this moved off of server 2008 ASAP.
  • So whats the error you are getting in the php log?

    Alternatively you can enable error displaying in osTicket.

    Q: How do I turn on error displaying for osTicket?

    A: Generally speaking you shouldn't need to, because you should be able to consult your PHP error logs. However some web hosts do not give people access to their PHP error logs or to edit their PHP.ini. In cases like this you can utilize osTicket itself to display the error messages. edit \bootstrap.php find these lines on or about line 32-33:

        ini_set('display_errors', 0);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', 0);

    change them to:

        ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);

    Make sure that you change them back when you are done.

  • As mentioned I cannot get a PHP error log generated. I even tried to change it to SYSLOG but it still generates no errors in the Event Log. osTicket is not running (on new server). I am trying to transition a currently running osTicket to a new server that is server 2012.
  • Which would be why I included instructions on how to enable error displaying on the screen.

    You should enable error displaying via my instructions.
    You should confirm that you have installed PHP (5.6) and configured it in IIS.
    You should confirm that you installed MySQL on the new server.
    You should confirm that you created your database username and password.
    You should ensure that your IIS user has permissions on the file tree.
    You should confirm that you exported your database from the old server and imported it on the new.
    You should confirm that your new database user has permissions to the restored database.
    You should confirm that your ost-config.php has the new database server, username, and password in it.
  • ntozier,

    I had done some of what you said but i went through each item and made some adjustments but no help. After digging I found the error to be 500.19 0x8007000d . Examined the web.config and saw references to URL rewrite. Thinking maybe this was not installed in IIS 8.5 I downloaded the component, installed it on the server and BANG I have a user page and a staff page! And the tickets from the old database.

    Thank you for your help and patience, hope this helps someone else too.
  • You're very welcome. I'll mark this as resolved and close it.
    Thanks for following up and posting your solution for others. :)

This discussion has been closed.