osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
Trigger "Ticket Filters" on Ticket Status Change, Department Transfer and Email Replies
It is very often that multiple things need to happen when Changing the Status of a ticket or a Department Transfer. Relying on the Agent to perform such tasks is not reliable and therefore lead to mistakes or lack of action. "Ticket Filters" provides the perfect logic to do this, however they only work on Creation of a new Ticket. It would make sense that the filters also work on Ticket Status Change, Department Transfer and Email Replies.
First you would need to add new "Target Channels". "On Status Change", "On Department Transfer" and "On Email Reply". This would reduce the amount of rules to process and allow for less confusion.
Then once such an action is performed, the "Ticket Filter" engine is triggered.
The "Ticket Filter" allows you to perform several actions at once and will therefore satisfy most if not all scenarios. It would also be able to make custom notifications on different actions over and above the standard notifications.
Some examples (with teh existing capabilities of the Ticket Filter engine":
- Tech support complete a customer request and Change Status to Billing. In this scenario you could possibly want the following to occur:
- Change Department to Billing
- Change Agent to Unassigned
- Assign Ticket to Billing Team
- Email customer to inform him that the request is complete and has been moved to billing.
- Change Status to "Emergency Case". In this scenario you could possibly want the following to occur:
- Change SLA to "Emergency SLA"
- Set Priority to "Emergency"
- Email Manager or any other person that an Emergency Case has been created (Maybe email an SMS mailbox to send an SMS)
- Email Customer to inform him that the request has been escalated.
- Sales people Close a Ticket with Status "Sale Lost". In this scenario you could possibly want the following to occur:
- Email Sales Manager to review Sale
- Sales people Close a Ticket with Status "Sale Won". In this scenario you could possibly want the following to occur:
- Email Operations Mailbox with the New Sale with reference to the Sale Ticket so an internal Installation Ticket is created
- Change Status to "Waiting"
- Change SLA.
If the "Ticket Filters" are triggered on an "Email Reply" then the following examples could exist:
- If the Status is "Closed (Billed)" then the Ticket will not be re-opened and a new ticket will be created.
- If the Status is "Waiting" then the status is changed to Open and the SLA counter is resumed.
With this in mind some other Actions could be Added that will enhance further the "Ticket Filter" such :
- Create a Task
- Create a Ticket
- Pause/Resume SLA counter (One would need another Filter to resume counter and change status to open on Ticket Reply of a ticket in "Waiting Status"
I hope this suggestion is taken up. The logic and bulk of the work is there, it is just a matter of Triggering the Filter on such changes.