Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

too may redirects error on installation of 1.10

Hi, running apache2 and trying to install osTicket 1.10.
I get a "Too many redirects" error when running the installer.

don't know if it's relevant, but running osTicket as a virtual host under apache.

Anyone else get this or know how to fix?

Thanks in anticipation.

jcm4101

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi there, apologies for not following the correct protocol. Just thought someone might have had a quick eureka moment and had experienced the same thing, therefore was able to provide a quick fire response..

Anyhow, more information on my setup below..
    OS = Ubuntu 14.x
    webserver = Apache2 ver 2.4.7
    PHP ver = 5.5.9

Apache2 error log has nothing regarding this issue

Apache2 VirtualHost entry as below..

<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerName helpdesk.nexusrisk.local

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www/helpdesk

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

Running on an intranet, so not available externally from our company.

I think it might be something to do with the VirtualHost directives, but not sure what.

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue for me, I've googled around but can't find an answer.

Thanks.

jcm4101

• Hi,

I do have the same problem. All other websites on my server run fine. (We have Wordpress, and other technologies.)

Here is my setup:
    - Windows Server Web 6.0 (6002: Service Pack 2)
    - IIS 6.0
    - PHP 5.6.16

What I did:
    - Put all the files of osTicket in a folder (wwwroot)
    - From the main website, made a virtual "support" folder pointing that osTicket folder.

I can reach the /support/setup page but the HTTP server will always return an HTTP error 302 with a small html message saying "Error 303, you can reach the page here". The problem is that the new URL is identical to the URL I'm trying to reach. Just identical (same http, same folder, same everything.)

I'm stuck in a corner since I just do not know what could be wrong.

Thank you for any help.
  • edited November 2016
    @aleclerc
    Since your not running the same server software I'm not sure that your problem is the same.  You should probably start your own thread.

302?  That's a common temporary redirect code.
    303... thats saying that your redirecting yourself to yourself.
    Perhaps you should create a separate folder called support and put the files there. Then create a new site in IIS and point it to that folder.  Your statement that you created a virtual folder smacks to me of a redirect.

As more of a side note IIS6 is a little dated at this point... if I remember correctly that's what 2003?  We are running 8.5 (2012 R2) and the current version is 10.
  • Thank you ntozier.

Yes it's a bit old but is less ressource consuming for our small virtual server. I'll make a new thread based on your suggestion. I already tried what you said, but with no success. I'll see what I can do before making the new thread.

Sorry for interfering in this thread, I thought it was kind of the same problem.

Best regards.