Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Search Feature

Hello there,
I've been using the osTicket for several months.
I just got the upgrade to the version 1.10 but I discovered that I can't search a user, using a custom field from a custom form. My previous version was 1.9.14.

Everything else seems to work fine for me. Has this feature been changed or is it bug? 

Comments

• Please post a screen shot or step by step instructions so that we can attempt to replicate your issue report, because right now I'm not real sure that I follow what you are trying to say the problem you are encountering is.
  • Thank you for your reply.

An admin is able to create and add custom fields and forms by going at Admin Panel>Manage>Forms>Add new custom form.

If you add a custom form at a user's account by going at Users>User Directory>"User Name">More>Manage Forms>Add Forms and then add a form, you should be able to search for that field when creating a ticket.

But as you can see at the pictures I can't search for that field..

Custom Field.jpg
    894 x 714 - 122K
    Creating a ticket by custom field search.jpg
    921 x 711 - 130K
  • You are correct.  You cannot lookup a user by their custom field (fax) number.  You can only use name or email to find existing users.
  • In the previous version 1.9.4 that was possible. How can I downgrade to that without any data loss? By just replacing the files in the directory with my back up?
  • There is no downgrade path.
  • Ok then I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.