Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Template Fetch Error

When creating, assigning, updating, etc. tasks in 1.10, there are no alerts being sent from the ticket system for any of the assigned alerts and notices. the only thing being displayed in the system logs are:

Unable to fetch "task.assignment.alert"
template - id #0

Unable to fetch "task.activity.notice" template - id #0

osTicket Version v1.10 (901e5ea) — Up to date
Web Server Software Microsoft-IIS/7.5
MySQL Version 5.5.39
PHP Version 5.6.24

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Hello blueyeguy,
    You need to go to Admin Panel > Emails > Templates > (System Default) (or yours) > Fill in all Task Email Templates sections, this should sort it out for you until it is properly fixed.

These templates _must_ contain something, otherwise you get this error message.
  • I looked at the default templates and they all appear to be blank with no default alert or activity messages and this is probably where the issue is. The list of supported variables does not include any task related variables. There a list of those somewhere that can be used for creating some templates?

• I seem to have figured it out. It was a time consuming pain in the ass because of the number of departments we had and having to populate each departments with 6 different templates. 

As you start typing a variable it pops up and offers to help complete the %{task.xxx} variable for you, but there seem to be some that just don't produce any results. I am not sure of the difference between task.title and task.subject, other than subject doesn't seem to produce any information, and the task.thread.xxx also don't seem to produce any results. We will have to figure out what we want for templates I guess.

This can be marked resolved. 
This discussion has been closed.