Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Migrate osTicket Environment from Windows to Liunx

Hi All, currently we installed and using osTicket v1.9.9-1-gbe2f138 in WINDOWS Machine. We have lot of open Tickets(>70) and closed Ticket (<600) in current. 

Planning to install osTicket v1.9.12 in new Linux server and move all the tickets(open & closed) from old environment.
Can we get details step or references to complete the migration activities along with new osTicket version? Please suggest yours valuable guidelines. Thanks  

Comments

• It's not really any different than the upgrade instructions.

export the DB.
    setup your username and password on the new server
    import it on the new server.
    install the new source code into the web tree on the new server.
    run the upgrader.

• Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I get more details reference for your above mentioned steps?. So it will helpful for me.

• Hi, 
    Thank you.

1.Installed osTicket (v 1.9.12) in Linux machine,
    created mysql database (
    DB name=
    ost_test
    , user = name =root password=root), able to login URL and created
    test ticket.

Took the backup of mysql data base from windows
    machine (osTicke -v1.9.9-1-gbe2f138, DB
    name=ostr
    , user=admin , password=admin (received from include/settings.php)mysql

Moved the mysql backup database to Linux machine
    to Windows machine. Able to view connect of mysql backup database

Imported ostr
    (backup DB)
    mysql DB in windows in the
    name of ost_test

Tried to login osTicket URL but getting blank
    page on that.

Can you give suggestion to resolve the issue? And my steps
    are correct for this activities.

Do we need to update/modify any of configs file ?

• Sorry I forgot to mention. The login page will able to see and after entered userid & password, I am getting blank page. Where we can see the log details.

Thank you
  • Q: Tried to login osTicket URL but getting blank
    A: This indicated a PHP error.  Either enable error displaying or consult your PHP error logs.

Q: Do we need to update/modify any of configs file ?
    A: If you used the same DB name, DBUsername, and DBPassword then no.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am getting "Valid CSRF Token Required" error while accessing login page. Can you help to resolve this.
    Yes, my current (Linux m/c), I am using different user id(root) and password(root). My windowns environment mysql DB - user id =admin and Password=admin.
    Thanks.

• Have you cleared your browser cache?
  • Hi ,

Yes, I cleared my browser cache and tried with other browsers also. Till  I am getting same error.

Thanks
  • Did you re-install any plugins that you were using previously?  (such as LDAP)
  • Hi ,

Yes, I installed new LDAP plugins in my new environment(Windows).
  • Based on your linux distro, you shall check your webserver / php error log for more details, when using apache with php take a look at /var/log/apache2/error_log or /var/log/httpd/error_log (default location varies from linux to linux)
  • I've done this a few times and never encountered the issue that you are describing. (most recently about two weeks ago to test out 1.10rc2 under Linux). 

If you exported your DB; copied your DB back up and your sites file tree to the new server; restored the DB; setup a new DB user [with permissions to the restored DB]; and lastly edited the /include/ost-config.php for any changes then I would think that you wouldn't have any real issues.
  • I have the same problem blank page in local I have it perfect in a xampp is to upload the database and everything fails. In my case it is a migration from linux to linux from php5.4 to php5.5 did you find a solution?

Thank you