Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Unable to delete agents

Comments

• Would there be any way to recover all the current open and closed tickets if i did that?
  • downgrading?  no.

setting up a test site, yes.
  • Hi ntozier,

So I created a new helpdesk as a test bed, and configured it like i did the other one.  It appears that its working now.  I can delete agents and logs, unlike the other one.  The one thing I am experiencing now is that tickets are disappearing now when I assign them to agents.  I am the admin and should see all tickets no matter what team/department/agent they have been assigned to. Once I assign it, it disappears from the list of open tickets.  I have to filter open tickets in order to see it again.  Any ideas?
  • RE: I am the admin and should see all tickets no matter what
    team/department/agent they have been assigned to. Once I assign it, it
    disappears from the list of open tickets.  I have to filter open tickets
    in order to see it again.  Any ideas?

If you want to see all tickets then you have also assign your Agent account to those Departments and Teams.
  • I did.  I just verified that my account is part of the Lion Tamers group, which has access to the support department, which the ticket has been assigned to.  
  • Ok, here is my Agent, Group, and Department Config.

So when a ticket gets opened, it goes to the Support Department. I assign it to the Level 1 Group, or even to an agent directly.  If I assign it to a group, I can still view the ticket normally.  Once I assign it to an agent, it disappears.  It is not until I go into the advanced link and set a filter for any open tickets statuses, when I can view the ticket again.  I verified many times that my account, see attachment, has not check the box to view tickets only opened to me.  

Agent Config 1.PNG
    874 x 864 - 62K
    Department Config.PNG
    857 x 565 - 41K
    Group Config.PNG
    867 x 591 - 62K
  • Tickets can be assigned to an Agent.
    While assigned to an Agent they can additionally be assigned to a Department -OR- a Team.
    Tickets are not and have never been able to be assigned to "groups".

• Im not trying to assign it to a group, i just mention group just to illustrate the permissions a person may have based on their group membership.  Again, when I assign a ticket to someone, the ticket disappears.  Its not until I go into tickets, -> Click the Advanced tab -> and set the filter to show all open tickets is when I can view it again.  My account is a full admin, and I have it configured to see all tickets no matter who they are assigned to.  
  • Your latest response appears to contradict your previous response:

"So when a ticket gets opened, it goes to the Support Department. I assign it to the Level 1 Group, or even to an agent directly.  If I assign it to a group, I can still view the ticket normally."
  • Ok I do apologize for the unclear description.... 

What I meant to say is "So when a ticket gets opened, it goes to the Support Department. I assign it to the Level 1 TEAM, or even to an agent directly.  If I assign it to a TEAM, I can still view the ticket normally." As soon as I assign it to an Agent directly, I no longer able to see it until I set a filter to show all open tickets.   
  • Then it sounds top me like things are working as expected.
    As soon as you assign it to an agent it is no longer assigned to you.
  • Well as an admin, I want to see all open tickets, no matter who they are assigned to.  In the past I was able to do this if I uncheck the "Limit ticket access to ONLY assigned tickets" box.  
  • Think I found the solution:

I had to uncheck the box in Admin Panel -> Tickets -> Assigned Tickets.

Assigned Tickets: Exclude assigned tickets from open queue. 
    Looks to be working now. Thanks!
  • So, the above was a lab/testing scenario and it appears to be working.  If I wanted to fix the issue with the production side of it, would I re-install the helpdesk, like I did for the lab environment, and point it to the same database?  How would this affect the current open tickets?  Would I lose these, or are they stored in the database?  Same with local users.. Would I have to recreate the users, or are they stored in the DB as well?

Sorry for the questions.  I just want to make sure if I go ahead and reinstall osticket, that I wont lose any open tickets or have to spend a lot of time recreating users or agents.

Thanks for your time!
    Matt

• Backup your live site (Files and database).
    Install the new code.
    Perform any upgrade required by the upgrader.
  • Sweet AWESOME!!!

I removed the previous installation folder from the webserver, unzipped the latest version (1.10) and copied the ost-config.php to the include directory.  Also had to download the latest updated copy of the ldap.phar file in order for it to work with my AD server.  But after I did this, it appears things are working fine, and that I can now remove unwanted agents and delete tickets and clear log entries now, like I used to a long time ago.

Thanks!

• Right on!  :)

Would you like me to mark this resolved and close it?
  • Ok.  Now I have bigger issues.  Now I can no longer see the text inside the buttons on the main agent window (they are blank boxes).  and no longer able to modify agent permissions.  The page just sits there and never loads.
  • Sorry I do not follow you.

The only button on the main agent view (aka the tickets tab) that has text is the Sort button (upper right).
  • Its just wierd.  Everything was working fine initially, then it just stopped.  I am restarting the server and see if that helps at all.

• you should clear your browser cache also.
  • Here is a screenshot of the main page.  Where you can delete tickets, change status, print, etc..
    Helpdesk Main Page #1.PNG
    889 x 211 - 20K
  • Grr.  Forgot to attach
    Helpdesk Main Page #1.PNG
    889 x 211 - 20K
  • Here is a screenshot of an agent.  I cant open the "Permissions" tab,
    I tried clearing my browser cache, but didnt do nothing.  

Ive tried restarting the server, tied different browsers.  Even tried different computers.

I once again, reinstalled it, and now it looks like it should look.  I can access the permissions tab,  

Any idea why I would be able to see and navigate to everything, then lose it like an hour later?
    Helpdesk Main Page #1b.PNG
    883 x 273 - 31K
  • unless someone else was monkeying around with the source... no.
  • I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens after reinstall #2.  I am going to avoid making any changes to the config. Im just going to let it idle for a few and see if anything happens.

Will let you know what happens

• As a side note... those are icons which are displayed via css.
  • So far it looks ok still.  However got a quick question.  Is there a way to customize the columns in the open tickets or closed tickets?  In the past versions, I could see without opening up the ticket itself, who the ticket was assigned to.  Now this column in the agent section is missing.

• This thread talks about modifying the core source files for multiple versions and may point you in the right direction:

Other wise you will have to wait until the Custom Queues feature is released with v1.11.  No I do not have a tentative release date for the next version.
  • Ok, I am getting reports now that users are having similar issues.  To open a ticket, they need to click the ticket #.  The subject appears to be a link, but nothing happens when you click it.  Also the text inside the buttons (Where you would delete, assign, or edit the ticket) in the open tickets section have disappeared.  I can still see everything ok on my computer, though.  I have recommended them clearing their cache like i did, but still nothing.