Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

3 Different Email Address Registered

Hi All,

I have 3 different email addresses registered. I want the reply to be from the same email on which the ticket has been created.

For example. If a ticket gets created by emailing abc@xyz.com then I want the reply to go from the same email. Please let me know what settings do I make. SMTP is configured for all 3 emails.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2016
    I assume that each email address is set up for a different department? 

If you set the default email for each department, then replies should use the departments default email address.

Admin Panel > Agents > Departments

Select your Department and under Outgoing Email Settings, choose the outgoing email and template set. 

Also when posting in the forums its helpful to include information about your enviroment. I will copy and past @ntozier 's standard reply for you:

Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

• edited December 2016
    Server Information

osTicket Version v1.9.12 (19292ad) Upgrade — v1.9.15 is available
    Web Server Software Apache
    MySQL Version 5.5.52
    PHP Version 5.3.29
    PHP Extensions
    gdlib Used for image manipulation and PDF printing
    imap Used for email fetching
    xml XML API
    xml-dom Used for HTML email processing
    json Improves performance creating and processing JSON
    mbstring Highly recommended for non western european language content
    phar Highly recommended for plugins and language packs
    fileinfo Used to detect file types for uploads
    PHP Settings
    cgi.fix_pathinfo "1" is recommended if AJAX is not working
    date.timezone America/Phoenix
    Database Information and Usage
    Schema alpha_osti988 (localhost)
    Schema Signature b26f29a6bb5dbb3510b057632182d138
    Space Used 1090.10 MiB
    Space for Attachments 414.49 MiB

Moderator note: This message was modified, removed html formating from post (ntozier)
  • osTicket Version

v1.9.12 (19292ad)

Upgrade

— v1.9.15 is available
    Web Server Software Apache
    MySQL Version 5.5.52
    PHP Version 5.3.29
  • I am sorry but I am new on this. I have pasted in the above comment. One more thing.

We are not really into departments. We have one single team handling all queries. Any suggestions for that ?
  • 1.9.12 is pretty old.

The only way that I can think of doing what you are asking would be to assign the tickets to a department that has the department email that you want it to come from (and never assign the ticket to another department) which @blueyeguy has already suggested.