Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] v1.10 Can't enable help topic form

Hi..
Details of my setup below...
When reporting a problem as a user I get a blank report a problem form.
I tracked this down to no visible forms attached to the help topics. (I think)

When I tried to make a form visible for the selected help topic by checking the "Enable" check, I save the form, the form tells me the settings were saved, but the visibility still say disabled.

A bug???

Thanks

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean,  You might want to attach a screen shot.
  • I thought I had....

Will re-attach them later when I get home.. Hmmmmmm

Cheers
  • edited November 2016
    OK, here's the stuff that I never attached previously..

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 9.43.20 am.png
    869 x 451 - 61K
    Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 9.38.52 am.png
    974 x 1004 - 160K
    Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 9.30.58 am.png
    864 x 476 - 64K
  • And what happens when you Pick a Help Topic?
  • Hi
    In the attached image, you can see that I have picked the help topic of "Report a problem".
    I get no form to complete.
    The only option I have is to "Create a Ticket", "Reset" or "Cancel".
    If I hit create a ticket, I get an empty ticket lodged.

Ta

• User side?  Agent side?
    New install? Upgrade?
    Did you disable anything like issue summary in Admin panel -> Manage -> forms?
    Does your Help Topic have a custom form?

• I have the same problem. No form fields displayed after help topic drop down. Its a new 1.10 installation. I have not changed any settings other than adding new help topics, departments and agents. Any idea how this can be solved?

Thank you.
  • @vishnunn Please do not hijack other peoples threads and start your own.  
    Also Did you disable anything like issue summary in Admin panel -> Manage -> forms?
  • Sorry for 'hijacking', that was not intended; I thought its better to add to an existing discussion on same topic rather than starting a new thread on exact same topic.

Did you disable anything like issue summary in Admin panel -> Manage -> forms?
    No. I didn't knew those pages exists before you mentioned. Attached is a screenshot of the Custom forms > Ticket Details.

Thank you. 

manage-forms.JPG
    995 x 668 - 105K
  • Hi,

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you,
    Vishnu N
  • @vishnunn The screenshot you have attached is showing that some of the fields are disabled.
    You could simply enable them..
  • And by "some of the fields are disabled" he actually means "all of fields are disabled".
  • Yes, that solved the issue. But this looks like a bug somewhere. I never touched those settings. They got 'disabled' all by itself. Not only ticket details, all other form fields are disabled, including contact information. After I enabled those 3 fields, i had to go to contact information form and enabled all fields there as well.

Also, from the table, it looks like the 'Visibility' option is disabled. So i thought its setting related to if the field should be shown or not and that the 'Visibility' option is disabled, meaning the field should be displayed. Ah, my last statement is too confusing. Anyway, I hope you got what I meant.

Thank you for the support.
  • You're very welcome. :)

I'll mark this as resolved and close the thread.  If you have further issues please do not hesitate to post again.
This discussion has been closed.