Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

dialogs not opening in admin panel

Many of the setup & configuration dialogs in the admin panel do not open.
 - Well, they open, but they are small and empty.

I have many of the following entries in my Nginx error log:

[error] 39060#39060: *182789 open() "/var/www/fastmanagerhelp.com/web/tickets/scp/ajax.php/orgs/add" failed (20: Not a directory)

Is that an issue with permissions, or is it a bug in osticket? I am stuck. Any input will be helpful, I am sure.

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Your problem is that you are using nginx which is not a supported webserver... Please see the numerous threads that discuss nginx (by searching for nginx). Here are some that might assist you:
  • From reading those few links, it seems evident that there is definitely interest in using Nginx as the webserver. I think it only makes sense that a suggested Nginx vhost be provided in the setup docs :)
     - I mean, all it really takes is a few clever tweaks to make the php work correctly?

I would've been happy to be the one to provide that, but as I am somewhat unskilled when it comes to more advanced Nginx setups, I am afraid I cannot help in this regard, unless there is another person out there who would like to hack at this issue? Find me in the Matrix network: @falgn0n:librenet.co.za

In the meantime, osticket calls itself the most popular open source ticketing system, but it can't handle Nginx as a webserver? Perplexing.

I have 2 options then:
    1. - spend hours trying various configuration options in the Nginx vhost and hope I don't break anything, but as I have only a production server to work with and many things will go offline if Nginx fails to start/restart, I suppose this kind of becomes no option at all ...
    2. - Abandon osticket as a potential solution for our organisation

Thank you for your feedback.

• edited January 7
    @fmhelpdesk why nginx, what benefit does it provide over IIS/Apache?

Edit: I did some quick research and it seems that the only real difference is the quantity of requests it can handle, nginx does it better than Apache. However, you can run the two side-by-side and have nginx deal with most requests but then pass it off to Apache for the ones it can't handle. I am not sure how this will work, but it's worth a try if you/your company want to stick with nginx.