Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Less than sign

We are facing a really annoying problem introducing html-snippets into our Knowledgebase:

Lines including less than signs (<) are removed from the text as soon as I klick Save. There is no difference if I mark the text and format it as Code or leave it just like it is.

Your help and suggestions are highly welcome!

Comments

• System Information:

osTicket Versionv1.9.15 (70898b3)   Up to date
    Web Server SoftwareApache
    MySQL Version5.5.52
    PHP Version5.6.23

• Thank you for your answer, ntozier.

This is what I did:

1. I paste the code  - looks OK(1.jpg)
    2. I check with HTML - looks OK (2.jpg) 
    3. I save - code disappears (3.jpg)
    4. I check with HTML - indeed, my pasted txt is gone. (4.jpg)

As far as I see it, the editor internally encodes HTML Entities well but on save something breaks.

What else can I do?

1.JPG
    507 x 243 - 24K
    2.JPG
    652 x 267 - 28K
    3.JPG
    370 x 318 - 19K
    4.JPG
    354 x 278 - 17K
  • TO be clear my suggestion was to use the & lt; (no space) and & gt; (no space) instead of the < and > in the editor so that the editor doesn't think that its HTML.  It does not appear that you attempted that in your screen shots.  It's my understanding that only certain HTML tags are allow and anything else is striped prior to DB insertion.
  • I tried that already but did not mention - sorry for that!
    Problem stays the same:

1. I paste the code.
    2. I exchange the less-than sign (5.jpg).
    3. I check with HTML - looks OK (6.jpg) 
    4. I save - code disappears (7.jpg)
    5. I check with HTML - indeed, my pasted txt is gone. (8.jpg)
    I also tried insert & lt; (no space) in the code-view  before saving but this does not work as well.
  • images
    5.JPG
    572 x 198 - 22K
    6.JPG
    773 x 224 - 28K
    7.JPG
    582 x 183 - 12K
    8.JPG
    332 x 195 - 13K
  • Asking the devs to take a look.  I'm guessing that 1.10 breaks the work around that people had been using.
  • Any news on this topic?
  • edited February 2
    Same issue as described here for 1.10 http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/89738/some-characters-are-creating-problems#latest

Not sure it will be fixed anytime soon and will require fix from the redactors dev.