Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

LDAP Issue

I've got osTicket working normally for the most part.  I have the LDAP plugin and the HTTP Passthrough Authentication plugin installed.  I submitted a ticket via email from a user that had not been setup in the system.  I was able to go and register the user telling it to use LDAP for authentication.  It then sent the user an email telling him to confirm his account.  It forced him into the change password dialog.  I've checked my settings and made sure that both staff and client authentication are enabled in both plugins.  I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look now.  Server is running Windows 2012 R2 Standard.

Server Information
osTicket Versionv1.9.14 (8b927a0) Upgrade — v1.9.15 is available
Web Server SoftwareMicrosoft-IIS/8.5
MySQL Version10.1.14
PHP Version5.3.28
PHP Extensions
gdlib Used for image manipulation and PDF printing
imap Used for email fetching
xml XML API
xml-dom Used for HTML email processing
json Improves performance creating and processing JSON
mbstring Highly recommended for non western european language content
phar Highly recommended for plugins and language packs
fileinfo Used to detect file types for uploads
PHP Settings
cgi.fix_pathinfo "1" is recommended if AJAX is not working
date.timezone America/New_York
Database Information and Usage
Schemahelpdesk
Schema Signature
Space Used2.19 MiB
Space for Attachments0.06 MiB

Comments

• edited January 25
    Any reason why you have not updated to the latest osticket v1.10? You
    posted this is 1.10 but your setup states 1.9.14. Since your setup states 1.9.x, I have moved it to the correct forum and posted it under troubleshooting and problems.

Now, is your issue that it required them to change their password? So that it changed their password in AD as well? or did it change it in one location and not the other?
  • Sorry for the confusion.  Wasn't paying attention.  No real reason I haven't updated yet other than I didn't have it fully functional.  I wanted to get everything working so I could always come back to a known good config if I started breaking things with the upgrade.

I didn't actually have them go through the password change process.  My issue is that with LDAP integration it shouldn't be asking them to change their password.  It should just use their current AD password.  Am I mistaken in that?

• edited February 1
    Hello @D_Blaylock

I am not sure about this version of osTicket, but in 1.10 when you Add a user(not agent) you add the user as Guest. 

When you click on user (from Agents Panel - Users > User Directory) it opens the users page with current Tickets/Notes/Etc, you also have buttons to Register/Delete User/Etc, if you click on Register and it opens a pop-up windows where you can set up Authentication Sources + username. 
    There is a tick-box called Status, untick it and put in randomly generated password or something like that, it won't send the activation e-mail - to confirm the account.

As far as I know, this is the only way to get around passwd change for user. Same thing applies for agents (except in Admin Panel > Agents > Agents > Add New Agent), when you add agent, click Set Password and you will have option to untick password reset email/etc.

P.S. I hope that made sense :)