Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

RTL/LTR support

After upgrading from 1.9.12 I'm unable to see RTL/LTR buttons in HTML editor.

How can I enable them once again?

BTW, I read about this issue in Github but I couldn't know where I've to modify.

Comments

• I haven't the foggiest idea what a "RTL/LTR button" is...
  • edited February 15
    Right to Left / Left to Right buttons
  • There have never been Right to Left / Left to Right buttons in any version of osTicket's HTML editor (Redactor) that I have ever used.  There has been and continues to be a Alignment button that offers those however.

Maybe you should clear your browser cache.
  • These buttons aren't Right to left / Left to right... these buttons are Right / Left alignment!

More about RTL/LTR.

IMPORTANT: The old version of osTicket has RTL/LTR buttons in its HTML editor
  • What is it you are trying to accomplish? It seems what ntozier said is what you are stating. If I am wrong, please clarify.
  • @Synt4xError I wonder did you try to open the link I've posted above!

https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-html-dir
  • lol Yes I did, and it shows exactly what Ntozier was showing, You either have the text placed on the left side, right side, or center it, and justify it. Unless I am missing something (it's possible) :)
  • edited February 15
    I doubt you read the link carefully!

In HTML
    <p dir="rtl">

is not the same as
    <p align="right">

I don't know how can I explain more (for god sake this is HTML basics) because I insist that w3.org article is good enough

BTW, redactor docs talks about RTL/LTR is shown below, but I don't know how can modify osTicket for enabling this feature

https://imperavi.com/redactor/docs/settings/lang/
    y7wvxlprCG.jpg
    1262 x 273 - 78K

y7wvxlprCG.jpg
    1262 x 273 - 78K
  • I am a member to help as best as I can, just because I do not know something doesn't mean I cannot try to help. However, I appreciate the knowledge, it always helps.

Now, both your photo and ntozier's photo show the same "Alignments" and "Layout Direction".

• It is an easy fix. Just edit the file include/ajax.config.php, change the line (#28)
    from
            $rtl = false;
    to
            $rtl = true;
    and you will have the option again.

• Was just pointed out, that it needs to be edited twice in the `include/ajax.config.php` file, in line 28 and line 52, one for SCP and one for Client.