Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

"Assigned To" field

How exactly does the "assigned to" field work? Sometimes I get the email that a ticket is assigned to me, but when I go into OSTicket to look at the list, I don't see my department or name. This is because someone else has asked the user a follow-up question, and so their name appears in the "assigned to" field, even though the ticket is assigned to me/my department.

I've asked the admin who actually set up OSTicket about this, and he claims it can't be changed - so if this is actually a mod request, I'm sorry!

Comments

• Tickets can be assigned to: An Agent -AND-
    A Department or Team at the same time.

I presume that that the email that you got was saying that a ticket was assigned to your department.
    The staff that responded to the ticket claimed it before you did.  If you do not want claim on reply set, you can disable it.
  • The staff responding to the ticket isn't in my department, and isn't claiming the tickets.
  • They are claiming the ticket by responding to it....
  • Even if claim on reply is disabled? And when I go into the ticket, my name and no one else's is displayed?
  • You said: "This is because someone else has asked the user a follow-up question, and so their name appears in the "assigned to" field"

and 

you also said: "And when I go into the ticket, my name and no one else's is displayed?"

These two statements are mutually exclusive and cannot exist in the same space time as each other as they contradict each other.  So which is it?  

As I said before tickets can be assigned to: An Agent -AND-
    A Department or Team at the same time.  It does not show you both.
  • Perhaps you're misunderstanding me. 

On the "Open Tickets" page of OSTicket, where I can see all of the tickets for everyone in the system, there is an "Assigned To" column. This is the column I am referencing, where another staff member's name appears after they write in the ticket, but do not claim it.

Inside the ticket itself, there is an "Assigned To" section in the ticket info box. This is where my name/department appears, and not the name of the other staff members.
  • If you view the list list.  And you see ticket #1 assigned to Neil Tozier.  And you click on the ticket.  AT the top of the ticket view is lots of fields.  One of which is Assigned To: it will be assigned to Neil Tozier.

The alternative is that you are using some old version that had a bug, or your IT department modified the code source files.  What version are you running?
  • I do know our system admin made changes to the source code, but I don't know what all he changed.

This is version 1.9.14.

To be more specific: I am Tier 2 support. Tier 1 support's workflow is to go into unassigned tickets, ask some follow-up questions, and then assign the ticket to me. Even though the ticket is assigned to me, because they have sent a message to the user, Tier 1 will show up in the ticket list's Assigned To field.

So, in the list, I see ticket #1 is assigned to Tier 1 Employee, and I click on the ticket. At the top of the ticket, the Assigned To field will be Abi Johnson/Tier 2 Department.
  • Then I think that your sysadmin did something wonky.
  • That's unfortunate, thank you for your time.
  • Very welcome..  If you have further questions, etc please feel free to start a new thread. :)
This discussion has been closed.