Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Verification message uses only last name

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have configured OSTicket and I am now testing it. But when I place a test ticket, the confirmation message that comes up on the browser lists only my last name. I had someone else test it and he got the same thing. You can see this in the screen capture.

I've looked at the variables and it seems the right variable is there -- or at least this is the variable that was there when I opened the osTicket Default Template. It's Dear %{recipient.ticket.name}. Is this correct or what should this be in order to get a full name?

Comments

• edited February 27
    What variable are you using on your thank you page? 

We use %{ticket.name}, and the first and last name both appear.

Also, Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

You are posting to both the 1.9 and 1.10 forums so we really have no idea what version of osTicket you are running, or anything else about your environment. All of which could be helpful in trying to direct you to the proper place for making these changes.

• I thought I had chosen the 1.9 forum in both instances. But it was very late and I may have posted incorrectly. I am using 1.9.12.  Forgive the mispost.

I'm also using, not that I think it matters in this case, PHP for posting mail. I have read your posting requirements.

And, yes, the variable being used is %{ticket.name},but I get only the last name when the 'thank you' page appears. Not certain why. Please see screen capture.

variable_used.png
    720 x 362 - 25K
  • Here is what I received after inserting %{ticket.umber}. So that works now. However, with %{ticket.name} is still resulting in ONLY my last name even though I enter  both my first and last name. Please see the resulting screen capture.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks!

Laurie
    still_only_last_name.png
    764 x 322 - 35K
  • You could try

%{ticket.name.full}

or 

%{ticket.name.first} %{ticket.name.last}

or 

upgrading to a newer version than 1.9.12

• bluegrey --

You rock. Thank you so much!!!

The %{ticket.name.first} %{ticket.name.last} variable FINALLY solved my issue on the THANK YOU page and the osTicket Default Template (HTML) e-mail response.

Thank you. Thank you!
  • Or, I thought it worked. But, went back to just my last name. Argh.

• So, since none of the variables worked consistently, I'm taking out the personalization on the Thank You Page and e-mail and replacing that with, "Hi" for now. When I am not busy with updating my Joomla site and my JomSocial site and all of the extension that go with those, I will tackle updating OSTicket.But I don't need one more potential update that can eat my time right now.
  • "So, since none of the variables worked consistently, "
    I have never had a problem with the variables not being consistent.  Perhaps you didn't change the name variable in ALL the templates?
  • Please note any updates you do in the future will erase your modifications. I would be documenting heavily what and where changes are made so in the future you can update without hyperventilating into a brown bag.