Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Few Questions about osTicket

Hello,

First of all osTicket is very cool but REALLY unripe :D

Questions:
- How can i automaticly close tickets if there are no answer about X days?
- How can i automaticly delete tickets if they are closed about X days?
- How can i send a automatic email if a ticket was close?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited March 15
    I can answer all your questions with "You don't"...  As none of these things are features in the core product at this time.

Q: How can i automaticly close tickets if there are no answer about X days?
    A: you have an agent log in and close the ticket.

Q: How can i automaticly delete tickets if they are closed about X days?
    A: you have an agent log in and delete the ticket.

Q: How can i send a automatic email if a ticket was close?
    A: you have an agent log in and update the ticket.
  • Serious? we live in 2017 were automatication is the word and all other ticketsystem can done such easy task from alone.

If i need to make all that manual, i can also open thunderbird and take support from there.
  • Q: Serious?
    A: Yes.

There is a mod over at github to do some of this. Also I have been working with another forum member writing a plugin to do this but it isn't quite ready yet. 
  • Thanks for your answers, i will wait until this get included in core or on a plugin.
    Time will make it better but osticket must think to expand the system with usual functions in 2017 :)

When some function will be implemented the osticket is nr. 1 :)
  • I'd like to provide my 2 cents. I am broke otherwise it would be a dollar. :P

OSTicket is an open source community driven by the users (to an extent). You have folks developing for OST on their own time. Features are added that are requested (usually depends on the need from the community), but it doesn't happen overnight. Automation has just started picking up more so everywhere, it mainly was just companies that had the coders, but just like photographers, everyone is a programmer nowadays.

We always suggest to submit feature requests because it helps OSTicket but also the users who enjoy the helpdesk system.
  • I can wait the feature but there must be a lot more :)