Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

User Information Updated

Question: How can user information be updated automatically when they create a ticket through the ticket system. 

Situation - A user sends us an email with some issue and this will have their Name and Email in it. Osticket will then grab that email and create a ticket as well as a guest user for that person. Now lets say that the next time they go to submit a ticket they actually use the ticket creation interface and put in all the information that we have set to be required. Shouldn't that information as long as it matches a User overwrite or be added to that user?

I have seen that if when I first create a ticket and put my phone number in then it will create an account for me with that information. But the next time I create a ticket and I change some of the information such as the phone number that new number will not replace the old information for that user. Even if I create an actual user and not a guest user the same thing happens.

What can I do to make this work?
Tagged:

Comments

• This does not appear to be a Suggestion and Feedback.  Moving to General Discussion.

Q: 
    How can user information be updated automatically when they create a ticket through the ticket system. 
    A: it cannot be.  They would have to edit their profile.

Q: Shouldn't that information as long as it matches a User overwrite or be added to that user?
    A: No.  They are editing TICKET information not USER information.

Q: What can I do to make this work?
    A: I don't think you can because USERS cannot create the same account more than once.  They are not asked to enter their contact information more than once unless you do not require registration to open a ticket.  
  • How long is a guest user stored for? And is that duration something that I can change?
  • Answered in the order you asked:
    Until they are deleted.
    No.