Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Can't connect to mail5.******.net,995: Refused when Fetching Email via POP

I tested the account with outlook and it works fine, but when I enter the settings in the Fetching Email exactly the same I get: 

"Can't connect to mail5.intermedia.net,995: Refused", 

and I get:

Failed to connect to mail5.intermedia.net:465 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (code: -1, response: )]
Any help would be greadly appritiated

Comments

• I feel like "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. " is pretty self explanatory...   The server you are trying to connect to said 'No'..   you would look at that servers logs, or contact the host to find out why.
  • Thanks for the fast response, I contacted the server provider, and they sent this:

"We
    would advise testing with POP and SMTP using Standard connection (POP: 110,
    SMTP: 25 or 1025).

If
    the software is able to connect, you can try connecting with TLS (POP: 995,
    SMTP: 587). our mail servers may refuse SSL Connections if the SSL Version is
    not new enough."

The only thing that I see is the SSL issue, do you know what version it is to send it to them?

• Also, the email setup is working fine in Outlook 2013