Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Customer Reply Changes Status

Hi! I'm trying to find the settings to change a ticket's status when a customer replies to a ticket (via e-mail or online).  I have a status of "Waiting for Customer" so I know it's pending for the customer. When the customer adds to the ticket, I need the ticket to change to "Open" or "Pending" status again so I know the customer replied.

I'm not finding how to do this?  

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• You don't.  This is not a feature in osTicket.

However tickets that are awaiting a staff reply have the ticket number in bold.  
    Those that have already been replied to are not bold (and thus awaiting a response from the user)..
  • hmmm... okay. Bummer.  Can't do this somehow in ticket filters?
  • Nope.  Ticket filters on trigger on ticket open.
  • okay, thanks :(
  • Did you find a solution to work around with different Status like Waiting for Customer?
  • No. This is a standard feature in most ticket systems. Kind of surprised osTicket doesn't have it.
  • I am not sure which ticketing systems you are referring to because the ones I have worked with do not have that feature. If you are talking a paid ticketing service, then they may have everything under the sun in their ticketing system.
  • It appears osTicket already has the ability internally. If the ticket # turns bold, then it's just a matter of replies from customers changing the ticket status.  Yes, most were paid, but osTicket has 99% of the primary features of those systems -- other than this feature -- which is why I asked.
  • Set the state of your status Waiting for customer to closed and set the reopen status to any status that has the state open.
  • Interesting idea!