Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Best way to save a local/offline searchable version of all tickets?

edited April 3 in General Discussions
Hi,

I need to save all tickets to my computer so I can search in them/view them later. Perhaps one big pdf or several pdf files?
I haven't upgraded my system yet so I don't know much about the pdf-printer function in osticket. How safe is it to use this function - are any pdf files/temp files of tickets saved on my server or does it use any external pdf-printer function (tickets contain private information - email addresses etc. so I need to be sure of this).

Comments

• The easiest way would be to keep/save the emails that it sends you.

There is no other way of this that I can think of...
  • edited April 23
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my very late reply. I don't receive emails so that is no option. I thought the inbuilt PDF printer would be able to save each ticket thread as a PDF file - isn't that how it should work?

Does anyone know the answer to my last question about the pdf-printer function in osticket. How safe is it to use this function - are any pdf files/temp files of tickets saved on my server or does it use any external pdf-printer function (tickets contain private information - email addresses etc. so I need to be sure of this).

Thanks for any help.
  • You could export your database to an sql file, that will be plain text and you'll be able to search it.

The PDF function is only designed to print the thread that you're currently viewing, it should however be possible to create a function that would create pdfs for all your tickets.
  • Export the SQL. Thats a good idea.
  • Thanks for your help - I tried to export as SQL. I could search and find words, but it was too difficult to work with. I need to be able search a specific ticket and see the ticket thread etc. Tried also to export each table as csv files so I could import into excel. This made it a bit easier to view each message, but still not good.

I think I will use the Chrome browser's PDF print function and save each Ticket as PDF. I would like to be able to search, find and reuse some of the text from all of the tickets. I can't copy/paste text from PDF files because it doesn't preserve the formatting so I think I will also copy/paste all text from all tickets and save in one big Word file - that would preserve formatting (most of it). Think I will make a little macro that does it all - it will take too long to do it manually...

Love osticket, but a real export function would be great! :)
    Thanks again for input.
  • should I close this and mark it resolved?