Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Post Drafts

How does the system know to save a draft of a post reply, and how often does it save these drafts?  Is there a way to manually save the draft?

Comments

• I don't believe there is any manual way to trigger it right now, but it seems the interval that the drafts are saved is every 30 seconds and that it will stop trying if encounters a ajax error: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/blob/develop/js/redactor-osticket.js#L26
  • The ajax seems to be working fine, as I'm not getting any sort of errors.  The 30sec timer does not seem to be consistent.  For instance I just opened up a ticket, went to the bottom and typed something in the Post Reply box.  I waited over 60sec and still no draft saved.
  • I let the page sit long enough that it is now saying my lock is expiring soon and wants me to renew...still no draft in the reply box.
  • I'm confused... why do you think a draft magically appear in the reply box?
  • Just tested on a clean setup and it did save my draft.

What's the enviroment you're using?

And you didn't see any errors in console? or in the php error log?
  • Because I have seen it happen.  When it does, it places a trash can in the right hand side of the editor toolbar.
  • Server Information
    osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea) —  Up to date
    Web Server SoftwareApache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
    MySQL Version5.5.54
    PHP Version5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21
  • edited April 21
    postreply.png
    1045 x 415 - 17K
  • I've read multiple times that upgrading to php 5.6.x seems to solve these weird behaviours in 1.10 so that would be my first suggestion
  • Thanks for that idea.  I'll have to schedule some downtime to do that upgrade since this is a live server.
  • Yeah, you need at least PHP version 5.6.x to work with v1.10 of OSTicket. The version you have installed would work for v1.9 of OST. 
  • Or you install the second version of PHP and run it in tandem with the old version.
    Switch the site to use the new one. 
    No down time required.